navel gazer, heal thyself

| On
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
I had this whole long post half-written, but it was too boring for me to even go over again, let alone subject anyone else to it. Here are the highlights: pissy day, diet coke and ginger, vetoed on orange bathroom (it would have looked AWESOME), blah, blah, whine, PMS, I hate everything, grrrr, mood swing, mood swing, sigh, I love everything (except that one thing), and so on. The true high point of this day was seeing Mafia for Dummies at the library again. The fact that it even exists (although I think it is really called The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Mafia) just makes me laugh and I don't know why. I walk by its shelf on purpose just to see if it is there, or if some Dummy or Complete Idiot really needed Mafia advice. One day, I'll sneak a picture of it. I'm not sure what the library's picture taking policy is, but it will probably be more fun to try and be sneaky.

It is windy as all get out here. Maybe it will blow in a nicer day for tomorrow. Here's hoping!
2 comments on "navel gazer, heal thyself"
  1. I wonder if the FBI keeps a file on anyone who checks that book out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! I don't know!! It would be pretty funny if the book was a FBI plant.** "let's see how dumb they really are." maybe I will set up my own counter-surveillance. I will be the person obviously peering over the top of an upside-down cookbook. If the subject makes eye-contact, I will slam the book shut, shove it in the middle of the LSAT guides or books on pruning topiary and pretend to be looking at something else. (but I won't be! Because I will be looking in a hand held mirror brought just for this purpose!) I guess all of this sort of underlines why I would be the Worst Spy Ever.

    ** except for the part where it is so very wrong that the U.S. government is keeping tabs on what people are reading. And obviously they don't do it by sending in a g-man posing as the children's librarian to keep an eye on Mafia for Dummies - they do it by taking library records! Librarians are fighting back. I love librarians.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9