the truthiness is, I love stephen colbert

| On
Monday, May 01, 2006
If you don't already love him, the White House Correspondent's Association Dinner speech should convert you. It was brilliant and BALLSY. My god! Bush was sitting 5 feet away! And now that I've seen the video, I have even more respect for what he did -- they were hating him in there, but he just kept hammering away.
Here are some links (look at them in any order you like -- it's all good stuff) to catch up if you missed out:

The transcript.
The Thank You Page (with link to video)
Salon's cover story today: The Truthiness Hurts.
2 comments on "the truthiness is, I love stephen colbert"
  1. for mr. colbert's performance i must use a word i've heretofore only used with irony, and now ascribe sincerely:

    AWESOME.

    (as in: giant balls o'steel...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really was awesome -- I find it incredible that the most of the media is saying "it just wasn't funny." Funny or not is beside the point. I mean, I thought it was hilarious in that "I must laugh or I will go crazy because it is all TRUE" way, but even if I didn't think it was FUNNY, it seems like it was pointed and bracing enough to deserve some mention. (I saw a clip of Bush with the Bush clone, and that was so grossly UNFUNNY -- but it's all anyone is reporting on, except for the occasional mention of the "we're not talking about him because he wasn't funny, not for any other reason" Colbert.)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9