a full moon in each eye

| On
Thursday, June 24, 2010
This past Monday I was in an independent bookstore in Mariposa, California. (more on this later, including thrilling international adventures had in the mining museum.) Wait, where was I? Right, the bookstore. I was in the bookstore (very nice!) looking around to see what there was to see. I found a book of poetry by Hafiz so I flipped it open (as one does) and this was the poem it opened to. I like it and tonight is the full moon or the almost full moon so here it is:

With That Moon Language

Admit something:
Everyone you see, you say to them, "Love me."
Of course you do not do this out loud, otherwise someone would call the cops.
Still, though, think about this, this great pull in us to connect.
Why not become the one who lives with a full moon in each eye
that is always saying,
with that sweet moon language,
what every other eye in this world is dying to hear?

from "The Gift" - versions of Hafiz by Daniel Ladinsky
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9