what I did

| On
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Mock Orange
SATURDAY: Went to the grand floral parade where I got a ridiculous farmer's sunburn. Bright red! I even thought before I left "I should put on sunscreen" but I didn't for some bewildering reason. Thank god my moisturizer has sunscreen in it, or I'd have a lobster face along with my lobster right arm and upper chest.

Post parade the day was spent observing the sunburn as it developed like a sun damage polariod, crocheting, reading/finishing the Johnstown flood book, and enjoying the sun from under an umbrella, even though I clearly need a refresher on how to behave when it's not raining.

SUNDAY: the weather today was even more perfect, if that's possible. breezy, little wisps of clouds but nothing dark and foreboding. I did laundry (exciting!) and watered plants in the morning and went to book group in the afternoon. I'm new to this group and also pretty new to discussing books out loud with people I don't know very well. (college doesn't count.) It went well! I think this was my third time attending and I've got a better sense of the people in the group - they're smart ladies with a lot of varied experience and I'm enjoying myself. (I deleted some late night rambling here - long story short: I love people but I'm also shy. Some people have a hard time wrapping their heads around this, but trust me - it's a real thing!)

post book group I came home and started uploading photos to flickr from my huge two month backlog. My new strategy with this is to just keep plugging away and try not to think about how far behind I am. We'll see how that goes. As a reward for getting up any pictures at all, I sat out on the patio where the mock orange is in full bloom -it looks pretty much like the picture at the top, even though it was taken a few years ago.

While under the umbrella I read When You Reach Me in one sitting - I liked it very much. After that, I finished up the last touches on my new work bag and so on and whatnot and then the day was over. All in all: good weekend. Here's a picture of the bag and some of the crochet dealios:
in progress

RANDOM MEDICAL MYSTERY: the top of my toe has been itching like crazy all evening. What's up with that? It's fine and then all of the sudden: OH MY GOD ITCHY. Maybe it's a sunburn referred pain kind of deal. If this was happening on Dr. Who, it would mean I'm turning into some kind of giant lizard alien but don't know it yet. I hope this is not the case!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9