fire & ice

| On
Wednesday, March 09, 2005

fire & ice
Originally uploaded by The baboon.
I love the glowy orangeness and blueness of this picture! And the roundness and reflectiveness.
Since it is round, it provides a really feeble segue into my next question -
Can you help me think of songs featuring the sun or the moon? Not ones you hate, but ones that make you go "!!!!", or at least make you happy to hear when walking down the street or riding in your car.

Some that I have already thought of:
- Have a Day; It's The Sun; Light & Day by The Polyphonic Spree
- Mr. Blue Sky - ELO
- Good Day Sunshine - The Beatles
- Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles

... I know there are more but I am blanking on them right now. I'll edit them in as I think of them. Obviously, that's only on the Sun side. Any night/day songs would also be appreciated.
edit: Here are some more -
I Wish I Were the Moon - Neko Case
Blue Moon - Elivs Presley
I'll Follow The Sun - Beatles
Mambo de la Luna - Kirsty MacColl
Una Notte Napoli - Pink Martini (thanks to Martina)
Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
Sunshine Superman - Donovan
Steal My Sunshine - Len
Island in the Sun - Weezer
Pink Moon - Nick Drake
Moonshadow - Cat Stevens
So Lovely Is The Night - Chris Isaak

2 comments on "fire & ice"
  1. That is too freaky! Do you know what I did last night before I went to bed? I started making a list of Sun-Moon-Stars songs for a mix! (Actually that and a place on and another special one that you'll probably get as a present, so I can't tell you about, even though I want to, because you'd be a great resource for finding stuff to put on it...Ah the cruelty of doing nice things for others!) Anyway, I don't have the list with me right now, but I know it had "Don't Let the Sun go down on me" on it and "California Stars" and "Moment in the Sun". I didn't think of it last night, but that Italian song on the new Pink Martini (Una Notte a Napoli) talks about the moon. Oh, and then there's that really BAD Beldina Carlisle song called "La Luna", but that really is only for making people crazy. If I find more, I will e-mail you. Perhaps I'll just let YOU make the sun/moon mix and work on my "special" project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That is too funny!!! Great minds think alike!
    Thanks for the recommendations -- which one is the "Moment in the Sun" song? I think I may skip the Belinda Carlisle song, but it reminds me of the excellent Kirsty MacColl song "Mambo de la Luna", so thanks for that rec. too! Magnetic Fields have some good moon songs and I think a sun one, but their sun one is mopey and that's not what I'm going for (on the sun side). oooh - Neko Case has a good moon one too.
    I am VERY curious about your "special" project. Feel free to trick me in order to glean songs. I love trying to think of songs that fit certain categories!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9