the yay list (cont.)

| On
Tuesday, March 22, 2005
I have decided that it is time to list things that make me yay-ful once again.


1) Ella Fitzgerald singing Cole Porter. I know some people find Cole Porter too clever by half, but I think he's de-lovely. Ella is just awesome, and that is that.
2) Perspective! I don't get it that often, so when I do I really try to savor it! (savor savor savor)
3) cooking for friends
4) Fiona Apple songs! Sony needs to wake up and release that album. Good review/explanation of things so far here. I don't agree with everything he says, but he makes some good points.
5) TV shows on DVD. A godsend in this age of blaring advertising. It is worth 40 bucks to watch a whole season of something on your own time, with no commercials. Or even better, to check them out from the library. My library just got season one of Carnivale, huzzah!
6) clean sheets.
2 comments on "the yay list (cont.)"
  1. Yay List! I thought I could use this today too. Here are more. Hope I'm not repeating myself:

    1) Yoga. It can really turn your day around and it's good for you!

    2) Appliances. I'm so thankful that I don't have to do dishes or laundry by hand!

    3) Photocopiers and tracing paper. Creative catharsis for those of us with good ideas yet can't draw!

    4) Soft clothing. I should wear it to work more often.

    5) Virtual workgroups. I left work at 4pm today just because I was grumpy! I had already been there over 8 hours, but if my boss sat next to me, I'd still have felt weird leaving "early", you know?

    6) Security. about 99% of the time, I feel safe and loved. It blows my mind that there are people who have to live with abuse and uncertainty the same percent of the time.

    7) iPOD! (I just had to lighten the mood a bit after that last one)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list!! Do you have any beginning yoga recommendations? I've been thinking about it for a long time, but have never done more than that.

    also - iPod=happiness in white plastic and chrome.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9