the sun has come out

| On
Monday, November 14, 2005
Woo Hoo! The sun is out!! I kicked nano's ass this morning (am still not caught up, but I have a plan). Things are looking good. I have miles of stuff to do, but it feels less oppressive than it did even yesterday. I credit the plan.

Now, because it is dorky and involves iTunes, I present to you the latest blog/LJ meme that is sweeping the nation: Here are the directions so you can play at home:

Set your iPod/iTunes on shuffle and use each song as it comes up in order to answer the following questions:

(for the record, this is from iTunes, party shuffle feature.) This is like Magic 8-ball, iTunes style, which means for some I will nod along and admire its sagacity, others are just puzzlers and deserve to get the 'shake and try again' treatment.

Question: What do you think of me, iTunes?
Grace Cathedral Hill - The Decemberists all dust and stone and moribund Oh, iTunes... How about these lyrics instead we were both a little hungry, so we went to get a hot dog. That sounds more like it.

Question: Will I have a happy life?
Pretty Liar - Jude : ummm, yes? OK, maybe not according to the lyrics of this song, but let's just take the title. I will have to brush up (since I am in my annual late fall frump and also a terrible liar), but I will do my best. The music is really pretty, though! And I am not going to let some so-called "random" program dictate my happiness. (although it makes me happy a lot)

Question: What do my friends really think of me?
Millennium - Robbie Williams: All I can think of when I hear this song is the video, which was a hilarious James Bond (Connery era) send-up. Including jet-pack. I can live with it.

Question: Do people secretly lust after me?
California Rules - Je Suis France: the sweetest ocean breeze/ fills your chest/ so come on, come on/ come on come on. I think this means if people aren't people should!

Question: What should I do with my life?
The Venga Bus - Venga Boys: There are only three possibilities according to this answer: 1)party 2) party 3) get commercial driver's license so that I might become a cross-country party bus driver.

Question: Why must life be so full of pain?
Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve: ha ha! it doesn't really answer the question, but ask it again. At least you can have symphonic pop pain, which does mitigate, IMO.

Question: How can I maximize my pleasure during sex?
Very Funny - The Magnetic Fields: You're a cheeky monkey, iTunes.

Question: Will I die happy?
Portland Oregon (with Jack White) - Loretta Lynn: Portland Oregon and sloe gin fizz/ if that ain't love I don't know what is- I dunno - if you take away the barfly overtones, I think it sounds pretty happy to me! I lost my mind in Oregon.

Question: Can you give me some advice?
Friday Night - The Darkness: clearly, I need more hobbies. Monday rowing/ Tuesday badminton /Dancing on a Friday night/ I got ping pong on Wednesday/ Needlework on Thursday/ Dancing on a Friday night/ With you, with youuuu

Question: What do you think happiness is?
Let it Rain - OK Go: Oh, man. this is SAD. This is a depressed song. I will use it though, and say that happiness is probably the opposite of this song.

Question: Am I complete freak?
Last train to Clarksville - the Monkees. This obviously means NO. Monkee-haters are the freaks. I take this also as vindication that Mickey Dolenz is the better Monkee singer.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9