kingdom of moss

| On
Friday, January 27, 2012
moss

My sister suggested that we go check out the Smith and Bybee wetlands which are down by Marine Drive. Since today was not raining (hallelujah!) we made a break for it. It was still cold - colder in the shade, of course, so there was a bit of frost clinging here and there.

moss

I love the moss, and I love that this was conveniently located at an easy to photograph height. These look like moss spears, or maybe Gaudi-style moss turrets on the moss castle. I don't know - I thought they were cool.

moss

tufted moss island connected to the rest of the moss in the archipelago by spider silk bridges.

Good news! I figured out the cause and the cure to a major camera problem I've been having. Hooray! I'm going to try to fix it in the morning - I'll let you know how it goes.  If it works, I will be so happy.

edit: I just heard coyote noises out my window! I know this is not surprising in many parts of the world, but I'm sitting here in the middle of Portland. (!)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9