cold weather and chrome gnomes

| On
Monday, December 09, 2013
Chrome gnomes.
I missed yesterday! And today, if you count days by time before midnight.

It was really cold - like 17 degrees cold, which is a very low temperature for the region.  I've learned this about myself: I love unusual weather for about 2 days, and then I'm ready for standard Pacific Northwest temperate conditions.

Bring back the rain, is what I'm saying. My skin and hair and brain are all in sad dry weather shape.

In other news of the cold - I skipped book group today! I'm really enjoying this month's selection (My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell), but I wasn't even half way through. Plus with my altered work schedule I didn't really feel like going in on a day off. Sometimes it's no big deal, sometimes I just can't get it together. I really love that group, though. Any Portland people reading - if you're looking for a low-pressure way to see if a book group is for you, check out your local branch library! Every location has at least one Pageturners book group.

and now I'm going to go to bed. Tomorrow: recent movies! (that I've watched - not recent releases or anything. Let's not get too nutty.)
1 comment on "cold weather and chrome gnomes"
  1. This photo is making me crazy happy! So shiny and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9