what do you consider fun? fun, natural fun

| On
Wednesday, December 18, 2013

who needs to think when your feet just go? 

Something tonight made me think of Mariah Carey's Fantasy (below), which of course made me think  of this! Sometimes a person needs a little break from holy nights, angels singing, santa babies, reindeer, silver bells, bing crosby, silent nights, marshmallow worlds, chimneys tonight, angel gabriels, ETC. Tonight is the night I needed that break or the question would truly be whatcha gonna do when you get out of jail for throwing christmas CDs off of the overpass?  (I LOVE THIS SONG.)

It's just a little break, is all.



Here's Mariah on a roller coaster wearing roller blades in the 90s. If we want to make this into a christmas song, just imagine that the roller coaster car flies off and Mariah delivers extended vocal notes to children all around the world. Anyway - I know a lot of people grouse about how this uses the beat from Genius of Love, but as I recall she was always up front about how much she loved the original song. It's not like she was trying to sneak it, she was celebrating it. I don't consider myself a huge Mariah fan by any measure, but this song and (ha ha) her CHRISTMAS SONG are pretty dang great no matter how you slice it.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9