search for an alternate spreadsheet solution

| On
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
good advice for life

Today I have come to the depressing but certain realization that if I'm ever going to get anything done, I'm going to have to break it down and make a list or a spreadsheet or something so I can get moving on the unruly mess that comprises My Ambitions. I loathe spreadsheets! I have many friends with great spreadsheet affinity and mojo, who find them useful and affirming; tools to defeat the forces of chaos. You know, all Katharine Hepburn "let's get this done" brisk handshake yankee efficiency. I, on the other hand, find myself wringing my hands and flapping around in a clammy dither at the very thought. It's not that I can't be efficient (I can!), I just have a hard time doing it on my own behalf and will make a straw man argument against a spreadsheet rather than do what I need to do. In short: wah, wah, wah. I just have to suck it up and figure it out in the way that works (really works, not ideally works) for me. I will do it! I just have to flap around a bit first, I guess. bah.

On the bright side, I'm really excited at the prospect of doing something, so maybe that will fire synapses and some brilliant solution will present itself. Yeah!

photo note: this was from the state fair this summer. I couldn't not take it.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9