hello, year MMXI

| On
Saturday, January 01, 2011
pink clouds
(I took this picture through my sunglasses in October.)

Happy New Year! I hope 2011 brings you good times, good friends, good books, and some nice surprises!

Did you have a good New Year's Day? I didn't leave the house, but it was fine! I got a new quilt all cut out and WHATNOT. It felt like the right thing to do at the moment, which I think is a perfectly good reason. I can't wait to start sewing it together, which could happen as soon as tomorrow.

I've decided that I'm going to blog every day for the month of January. (So is Martina.) I'm looking forward to it! I've not done it for a couple of years and am excited to do it again. I've been thinking of how I'll fill the days and I think one of the ways will be to do a little quickie by-memory review of every book I read last year. Don't worry - some will be just a couple of sentences. There were a lot of books, but a lot of them were good! This year I'm going to try to work more classics into rotation, but we'll see. We live in a good age for reading; there's so much good stuff out there - all the best that humanity has produced so far, and all the best being made right now - exciting times!

Now I'm going to go to bed and read some more Jane Eyre. I'm enjoying it so much.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9