various facts and adam ant

| On
Saturday, January 22, 2011
christmas at the grotto
fact: I am playing Adam Ant videos in another tab so I can listen to them while I get this post together. Oh, Goody Two Shoes. Before that it was the Waitresses! They know what boys like. They like to dress up like pirates and wear peach lipstick. (what? That's what Adam Ant likes, or so his videos lead me to believe.)

christmas at the grotto

fact: I love these pictures! I took them at the Grotto - I think they look like embroidery or shooting stars or the spectacular end of the world. Or sparklers. It's fun taking them, because there are so many variables. It's hard to plan for how they will turn out - you just kind of have to go with it.
christmas at the grotto
fact: Somehow now I'm listening to  What I like About You by the Romantics. Hee hee. What I like about you? Your skinny tie!

christmas at the grotto
fact: More The Romantics: keep on whispering in my ear, tell me all the things I wanna hear/ cuz they're true, that's what I like about YOU. ha ha. You know what's weird? There are no Duran Duran suggestions coming up for any of these videos. Hmmm. The Romantics were okay by me, but I held no truck with REO Speedwagon (ptui!) or Loverboy, both of whom are showing up in the youtube sidebar.

christmas at the grotto
fact: I am tiring of this FACT gimmick, but I am too tired to think of something else because I waited too damned long (again) to write this.

On further listening, I would say What I Like About you is the Romantics song that I like and am unable to listen to any of the others in full. So what I like about you is this one song, but I really like it so don't worry. It should be used in an 80s montage in some nostalgic movie. Hollywood: GET ON IT.
christmas at the grotto
fact: I've switched back to Adam Ant. I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention, he says. It worked! I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something wild and wonderful about those Adam Ant videos - I think it's because they're varying degrees of silly. Adam and his Ants are willing to look ridiculous, which is actually kind of badass. Prince Charming, Prince Charming, ridicule is nothing to be scared of. (It's like the Scarlet Pimpernel, kinda.) I'm not even talking about the Highwayman costumes or the war paint, but more the playful yet dangerous attitude - it's unpredictable, which I think is one of those basic components of pleasure.
5 comments on "various facts and adam ant"
  1. Duran Duran..hee. I was reading a review yesterday that referred to Simon LeBon as (I hope I got this right)a "New Romantic Miss Havisham". It was in the one with the articles commemorating John Lennon (they were both really good - one by Yoko and one based on the tapes of his last interview with RS that was never printed, because they instead ended up doing a memorial to him with just a couple of quotes from it here and there...anyway, it's really good, if you haven't read it yet).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! that sounds great - where was the review? RS? Did you read it while you were getting your hair done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops...forgot that I didn't say the review was in Rolling Stone..RS = Rolling Stone.

    Yes, I was reading it while I got my hair done. During color processing is when I usually catch up on Rolling Stone and Bust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! I had figured out that RS was Rolling Stone and that that's where the John Lennon interview stuff had come from, but I wasn't sure if that's where you read the article!!

    we= great communicators.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee...yes, the review was in Rolling Stone too. It was just a little shorty one, but totally worth it for the Miss Havisham reference!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9